This article is for Civil Engineers and Structure Interview questions which is being asked in every interview by the interviewer if you are going to apply for Civil/Structure Engineer position so, you may know about the documents requirements for the reinforcement inspection at site and all these question you should remember while attending an interview which i have tried to explained below.
For Rebars inspection following documents approval must be ensured.
- Latest revision of approved shop Drawing is available at site and all the site staff is working accordingly.
- Make sure that Method Statement (MST) is approved.
- Make sure that all material has approval.
- Make sure all MEP services are installed and approved from MEP Engineer of supervision consultants.
For Rebars inspection following items to be checked.
- Waterproofing must be approved and screed protection of 50 mm must be done prior to start steel reinforcement ( in case of foundation)
- Make sure the steel is free from rust & dust.
- Steel top bars bottom bars (main bars & distribution bars) or (vertical bars & horizontal bars) Dia of bar number of bars & overlap length to be checked.
- Extra bars & diagonal bars to be checked if any.
- Size of beam to be confirmed as per the latest revision of approved drawings.
- 6 mm black mild steel tie wire to be used.
- Ring spacing must be ensured.
- Concrete cover must be ensured. (30-75 mm)
- In raft slab and roof slab depth of slab to be ensured as per approved shop drawings.
- Setting out and levels to be ensured.